Monday, November 18, 2013

Sizzla Visa Denied - Statement From Booking Agency Enclosed

 
After much anticipation for Sizzla's return to performing on US soil, his US Tour has hit a roadblock.
sizzla1 
Below is a statement from Stephen Brush who is spearheading the tour organization.
 
"Sorry for the mass email but I am beside myself. In 15 years of
agenting and working with International artists from every area of the
world, I have never seen anything so screwed up as this mess with
Sizzla's immigration. Sizzla, Myself, His Lawyer were all promised the
moon and the stars when we began booking this tour. We were so careful
that we allowed a 3 month leeway to secure all the appropriate Visas
beyond when the immigration attorney said she would have them. . He
was given his I129 and O1-B Status and all was presented as well. In
short, the interview today did not go well and they denied his entry
into America.

It is not a dead issue, but I am no longer comfortable waiting and
seeing. What I would like to do is postpone the tour and look at
rebooking it for February and MArch. In the meantime once he does gain
entrance into the states, we will fly him over to do a national press
release on the tour and explain how all of the promoters on this tour
were so supportive and patient with the process.

I am deeply saddened by the news and I can say this is one of the
worst weeks in my career. I would like to speak with each and every
one of you and welcome a call. For the sake of alleviating some stress
right now, I ask that we at least wait until monday to speak. I am at
a loss for words and very upset. My company worked very very very hard
and was given some unfair guidance and as a result we as you are left
holding the bulk of this disaster. I am confident in Sizzla and I do
really like he and his management team. They are good people and we
expect that this will be a very lucrative tour in MArch and April. We
are hoping to have his clearances overturned in the coming week or
two. I really need to be extra careful and limit any more last minute
cancellations. I hope you understand and we will be in touch next
week."

No comments:

Post a Comment